Issued 04:00 PM PST 22 January 2018
Tonight and Tuesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southwest 20 knots backing to south 15 late this afternoon then increasing to southeast 20 to 30 this evening. Wind increasing to southeast 30 to 40 late overnight except southeast 50 over southern sections near noon Tuesday. Wind becoming southeast 40 to 50 early Tuesday afternoon then veering to south 40 to 50 Tuesday evening.
Rain beginning early Tuesday morning.
Hecate Strait - northern half
Hecate Strait - southern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate StraitIssued 4:00 PM PST 22 January 2018
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 22 January 2018 Tonight and Tuesday At 10:00 p.m. PST tonight low 992 mb located 100 miles southwest
By 2:00 p.m. PST Tuesday low 984 mb located over southeastern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:43 PM PST 22 January 2018 A developing low pressure system will reach Explorer late tonight
And will move into Southeastern Bowie early Tuesday afternoon. The
system will bring gale to storm force southeast winds over most
waters by Tuesday morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: