West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 20 January 2018
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind easterly 20 to 30 knots veering to southerly 15 to 25 this afternoon then to west 15 to 25 near noon Sunday.
Showers with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 20 January 2018 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:30 a.m. PST today intensifying frontal system located over
the offshore waters.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located from Sandspit to
Cape Scott then to Tofino.
At 6:00 a.m. PST Sunday frontal system located over the West
Entrance of Juan de Fuca Strait.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:05 AM PST 20 January 2018 A frontal system over the offshore waters this morning will move
southeastward to the coastal waters this afternoon then to southern
waters tonight. The system will move out of BC waters late Sunday
morning as it continues tracking southward.
Gale to marginal storm force southeasterly winds over the offshore
waters will spread to northern and central coastal waters this
afternoon then to southern waters tonight. Winds will ease Sunday
morning as the system moves out of the region. Marginal gale force
westerly or northwesterly winds will develop over the offshore
Waters on Sunday in the wake of the front.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: