Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
Issued 03:00 PM EST 22 January 2018
Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to northeast 15 to 25 knots late overnight and to easterly 35 to 45 near noon Tuesday.
Snow beginning early Tuesday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Low tonight minus 18. High Tuesday minus 7.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 22 January 2018 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to Nova
Scotia near 4505N 6500W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6335W to 4505N
6045W to 4605N 5925W to 4835N 6125W to 4945N 6000W to 5005N 5815W to
4820N 5930W to Newfoundland near 4810N 5850W. Sea ice north of the
7 tenths grey ice including 1 tenth grey-white ice.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-MontsIssued 3:00 PM EST 22 January 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EST 22 January 2018 Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 p.m. EST today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over central Quebec.
At 3:00 p.m. EST Tuesday approaching low located over southwestern
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: