Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 30 October 2017
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to southeast 20 to 25 knots this morning and to southeast 45 this afternoon. Wind veering to southwest 30 to 35 late this evening then diminishing to southwest 25 to 30 Tuesday morning.
Rain and fog patches beginning this afternoon and ending near midnight. Fog patches dissipating this morning.
High today plus 15. Low tonight plus 10. High Tuesday plus 15.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 21 January 2018 Tonight and Monday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight departing low 972 mb located northeast
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight ridge located over western Quebec.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Monday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over Nova Scotia.
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight quasi-stationary low 981 mb located
northeast of Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:43 PM AST 21 January 2018 A combination of two low pressure systems northeast of Newfoundland
and Labrador respectively will maintain strong to gale force
northwesterlies over most northern waters tonight. Those
northwesterlies will gradually diminish on Monday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
northern half of Banquereau, Cabot Strait, northeastern half of
Gulf-Magdalen and Anticosti.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Fourchu, northern half of
Banquereau, Cabot Strait, Northumberland Strait, Gulf-Magdalen,
Chaleur-Miscou and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: