Alerts for: Slave Lake
11:31 PM MST Tuesday 16 January 2018
Freezing rain warning in effect for:
- Athabasca Co. near Wandering River
- M.D. of Big Lakes near Driftpile Faust and Kinuso
- M.D. of Big Lakes near Enilda and Joussard
- M.D. of Big Lakes near Hilliard's Bay Prov. Park and Big Point
- M.D. of Lesser Slave River near Marten Beach
- M.D. of Lesser Slave River near Slave Lake and Saulteaux
- M.D. of Lesser Slave River near Smith and Fawcett Lake
- M.D. of Opportunity near Calling and Rock Island Lakes
An area of rain or freezing rain west of the Capital region is expected to continue moving eastwards tonight. Air temperatures have risen above zero in some areas, however, surfaces such as roadways and sidewalks will remain below freezing. Precipitation will end Wednesday morning.
Surfaces such as highways, roads, walkways and parking lots may become icy and slippery. Take extra care when walking or driving in affected areas. Be prepared to adjust your driving with changing road conditions.
Freezing rain warnings are issued when rain falling in sub-zero temperatures creates ice build-up and icy surfaces.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet reports using #ABStorm.
What we are doing
- Date modified: