Alerts for: Swan River - Duck Mountain - Porcupine Provincial Forest
3:47 PM CST Wednesday 22 November 2017
Special weather statement in effect for:
- Duck Mountain Prov. Park and Prov. Forest
- Mun. of Minitonas-Bowsman incl. Renwer
- Mun. of Swan Valley West incl. Benito
- Pelican Rapids and Shoal River First Nations
- Porcupine Prov. Forest
- R.M. of Mountain including Cowan and Camperville
- R.M. of Mountain including Mafeking and Birch River
- Westgate Red Deer Lake and Barrows
Freezing rain will be possible beginning Thursday afternoon through Friday morning across portions of eastern Saskatchewan and southern Manitoba. A low pressure system is forecast to move through the region, spreading a narrow band of freezing rain along its track.
The highest risk areas are forecast to be through the Humboldt and Hudson Bay regions in Saskatchewan, then moving into Manitoba and spreading east-southeast through Swan River, the central and northern Interlake, and then east of Lake Winnipeg.
While the freezing rain will be relatively light, some regions may see prolonged periods of it resulting in some ice accumulation. Confidence in the regions affected by the freezing rain is moderate, and further information will be included in future forecasts and/or warnings.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to email@example.com or tweet reports using #MBStorm.
What we are doing
- Date modified: